Dmitriev was an outstanding architect and engineer Who after graduation with honours of Construction School in 1876, specialised on the design of administrative buildings, rented apartment houses and mansions among which there were the royal residences.
The eclectic pseudo-Russian style of the building is typical for the Russian architecture of the end of XIX century. The original look of the building was somewhat different from its modern appearance: it had three storeys, the facade looked onto Voskresensky Prospect, and the front entrance had a hood on supports. The mounting base of the building retains the original coating made of limestone plates; plaster and red-face-brick alternate in the facade decoration.
In 1965 during the overhaul of the building two more floors were added, which changed the original look of the building, however, the decor of the lower floors stayed in fact unchanged.
The renovation work aimed to change the building into an office centre was carried out in 1995-1996. Capital renovation has been made to ensure high reliability of all principal technical support systems of the building. The building hall is reconstructed in conformity with its historical appearance and is decorated with precious stones; the building has modern lifts manufactured by "OTIS". As required by up-to-date architectural demands, a partial re-planning of the building was made; office layouts from 20 to 300 sqm. were designed; offices exceeding the area of 180 sqm are equipped with kitchens and lavatories. Overall reparation was performed in compliance with the Western standards of quality.